Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do what scares ya....

A friend of mine has "do what scares ya" on her emails below her signature. I have looked at those words many times, and thought, yeah, I'm really going to do what scares me, in other words, it ain't gonna happen.

Well, I will have to eat my words on one particular scary thing for me. I got up this morning, and it was foggy and raining outside. As a rule, I don't even drive in the rain, much less in the fog. But, today is Sunday, and I so wanted to go to church...when I miss church, something is missing in me for the rest of the week.

So, I got up and got dressed to go. As I walked out to the car, I was feeling a little nervous, and wondered if I should attempt this, since I do have a history of panic attacks. Nonetheless, I kept walking, got into my car and left. As I drove  it seemed to be getting foggier and the rain was coming down a wee bit harder the further I got from home, but I didn't feel any sense of panic. I got to church on time, and enjoyed both Sunday School and Worship immensely.  When I got out of church, it was still raining, but not foggy anymore. Strangely enough the rain didn't cross my mind as I got in my car to return home.

So, I want to thank my friend for having that on her emails. God does work in mysterious ways His wonders to perform.  Who would have ever thought four words would make an impression on someone. You never know what one might say that either challenges you or encourages you to "Step Out of the Box."

I did that today because her words challenged me, but more significant was that God was with me and showed me that I had nothing to be afraid of. God knows what a chicken I am sometimes, and he used my good friend to show me that with a simple step of faith, He will not leave me. God promises us that and it's up to us to take the risk, and do what scares ya.

1 comment:

  1. I have always found that on the days that I do not want to go to church or even have what I think is a valid excuse but go anyway, I am blessed beyond the norm. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete